Just a few quick formalities to cover…
The content of this website is original and therefore automatically subject to copyright protection under UK law. Unauthorised use of any content without my written permission is prohibited.
I think it’s important to set clear expectations from the outset, so I have a few standard T&Cs for clients; we’ll still discuss and agree the specifics before we start working together, of course!
- My fee covers everything that I think will be needed to meet your requirements, including:
- a reasonable amount of communication (via email/phone) about the brief
- the time it will take for me to produce the agreed deliverable/s
- one round of reasonable revisions to copy (to be requested within one week of the copy being supplied).
- There may be additional charges (which I will discuss with you) if:
- the brief requires significantly more discussion than expected (for example because it isn’t clear/complete)
- you change the requirements after work has begun (if such changes negate any of the work already completed, payment will be required for the completed work as well as the cost of the changes)
- you require more than one round of reasonable revisions to copy (further rounds will be charged at an hourly rate).
- Payment should be made by the due date stated on the invoice, otherwise a late charge will be added* and I reserve the right to withhold further work until full payment is received.
- I want you to be happy with the work I do for you and I’ll make every reasonable effort to ensure that the content or advice I provide is appropriate, but you are ultimately responsible for the content you publish.
- If you’re not happy with something, please tell me and I’ll do my best to address it. If (after you’ve given me what we both agree is a fair chance to resolve the issue/s) we’re unable to reach an agreement and decide to stop working together, this is without prejudice and no admission of failure or inability to complete the contract is implied.
- I’d like to feature the work I produce for you in my portfolio; please let me know if you have any objection to this.
* In accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act.